10 things you can do
3. Make a donation:
9. Keep Sombath in the news, send information to the press
10. Lobby and pressure your government and parliamentarians
a) Make full use of the information at this website. Copy the text, use the photos and share the links. You can make a difference.
b) Points to consider for your communications:
- Express your concern for Sombath’s safety and security.
- Appeal to the Lao Government to do all that is possible to ensure the safe return of Sombath to his family.
- Emphasize the good work that Sombath has done for his country, as an educator, a community development worker and a peace practitioner.
- Note the relationship between economic development and human rights. A modern country is one that respects the rights of all citizens.
- Mention that the continued disappearance of a well-known and much-loved person like Sombath could affect the international image of Laos, with possible consequences for investment, tourism, and foreign aid.
c) Read the call for Urgent Action by Amnesty International, which includes addresses to write to.
d) Here is an example of an SMS message you could send:
Respected educator, peace practitioner STILL MISSING since Dec 15, 2012. PLEASE HELP TO FIND HIM. See www.Sombath.org for information.